OCN Common Core Skills Course(1 day attendance course)
Are you working in childcare settings with no formal qualification?
Do you want to gain formal qualification/ refresh or update your childcare skills?
Do you want to register with Ofsted?
Are you looking to develop best practice and become professional Nanny?
This one day Nanny Course is designed and developed by our highly experienced and specialist child care teacher and professional team in early childhood education and child development.
Childcare professionals must have training in the Common Core of Skills and Knowledge course to register on the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register.
This course is designed to be relevant for all nannies, au pairs, maternity nurses, and teachers, staff, paid and voluntary, working with children and young people.
We know that all parents want the best for their children. A professional and qualified Nanny who holds qualifications showing s/he is serious about their careers in childcare is what parents today are looking for.
The course outcomes
The candidate will be able to acquire and gain the following benefits;
- Define effective communication methods and engagement when working with children, young people, their families or carers.
- The effect of transitions on child and young person development and to support these transitions.
- Develop understanding the needs and raising an awareness of multi-agency support and team working.
- Gain the knowledge of the importance of different play activities for children development
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the child
- Familiar with the legal and practical implementation of child protection.
What is Ofsted and why register?
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. They report directly to UK Parliament and inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people, and those providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
So as a Childcare Professional why should you register?
1. You have proven that you meet Ofsted’s requirements which increases trust and confidence with agencies and employers.
2. You will have more confidence in your own abilities.
3. You will be prepared for any eventuality, looking after children can be unpredictable so it’s best to be prepared.
What criteria do you have to meet?
1. You will need a valid Paediatric First Aid Certificate
2.You will need to demonstrate that you have the OCN Common Core Skill and knowledge in childcare.
3.As a nanny you will need to hold public liability insurance – we can advise on this if needed.
4. You will need to have an advanced DBS check
Accreditation: This course is accredited by the OCN at level 3.
Assessment: The candidate will need to produce a small portfolio of written work it will only be £40 extra and this is a great a great benefit to you enhancing your professional development and career.
We also provide attendance certificate if you don’t require OCN certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
32 Knights Chambers
South Mall, Edmonton
London N9 0TL