The course is recommended for any one works in catering also child minders, nursery workers, nannies, and child carers involved in handling and cooking food around children.
This Skills & Training Network course forms part of the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYES) 2012, Food and Drink.
This qualification is required to comply with recently ratified National Occupational Standards. The HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety is designed to improve the food safety and hygiene awareness of those in simple food handling and preparation, catering, manufacturing and food related sectors.
STN’s training course will enable candidates to take personal responsibility for the following food safety procedures:
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene.
- Receive and store food safely
- Carry out assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Understand Food Standards Agency’s, ‘Safer Food Better Business’ policy for child minders
- Introduction to food safety
- Legislation for food safety and hygiene hazards
- Temperature control in refrigeration and chilling
- Cooking, reheating, hot holding
- Safe food handling
- Safe food storage
- Cleaning of premises and equipment
This qualification will allow candidates to understand:
- Causes of food poisoning and food borne infections
- Sources of bacterial contamination
- How food handlers can infect food
- How to store food items correctly in order to prevent contamination
- Safe cleaning – regulations and legislation
Course Duration and assessment.
1 Day, classroom based. 1½ hour online multiple choice exam on completion of the course.
Accreditation: Gatehouse Award
In addition to our prearranged courses we are happy to arrange private training for small groups at our training centre, your place of work or in a hall of your choice.